Aylesbury Invitation Pool League - Division 1
When the Aylesbury Invitation Pool League begun in 1977 it had only one division, the Premier. After a successful first season, the AIPL grew in size over the years with teams entered not just from Aylesbury but from the surrounding villages too. After an unknown amount of seasons the league expanded into two divisions, forming this Division 1.
This division has run for the last 17 seasons and unsurprisingly, with the prize of promotion to the Premier for the top two teams each season, this competition has only been won on multiple occasions by the same team once - Railway Club in 2000 - 2001 and 2004 - 2005.
In recent years, teams from Shootpool have dominated Division 1, with 6 champions and 3 runner-ups in the last 7 seasons, including the last three season's champions.
This season the league features 9 teams from 7 different venues and again features the format from recent years where each match consists of 12 singles frames with each player allowed to play twice in a match. Teams score one point per frame won and no bonus points allocated for a win.
- AIPL 2017-2018 end of season review
- AIPL Semi-Final - Round-Up
- Vic Rout Aids Blues' Great Escape
- Top John Win Division 1
- Top John Top As Honey Bee Stung By JFK
- Bricklayers Arms Pull Out of Div One
- Nothing To Split Top Two in Div 1
- NZ "B" and Ringers Extend Divisonal Leads
- Huge wins for NZB, Nomads, Killer Bees
- Top Two Both Win In Div 1