Aylesbury Invitation Pool League - Division 2
When the Aylesbury Invitation Pool League begun in 1977 it had only one division, the Premier. After a successful first season, the AIPL grew in size over the years with teams entered not just from Aylesbury but from the surrounding villages too. After an unknown amount of seasons the league expanded into multiple divisions.
This division ran for at least 13 consecutive seasons between 1997 - 1998 and the 2009 - 2010. It is believed to have run for longer, back into the early 1990's, possibly 1980's, but no records can currently be found to confirm this. Weavers 'B' are the only team to knowingly win it on multiple occasions, with 2 titles in the 16 known seasons.
With an increase in team numbers in recent seasons, this division has been active again over the last 4 years, with 10 teams from 7 different venues in the 2017 - 2018 season, and will be played to the format from recent years in the AIPL where each match consists of 12 singles frames with each player allowed to play twice in a match. Teams score one point per frame won and no bonus points allocated for a win.
- AIPL 2017-2018 end of season review
- Ringers Division 2 Champions
- Ringers Four Clear In Div 2
- 3-Way Title Race Continues in Div 2
- Cotton Wheels Kittens Secure First Ever Win
- NZ "B" and Ringers Extend Divisonal Leads
- Huge wins for NZB, Nomads, Killer Bees
- Wonky Weavers up to second in a close week
- Ringers Take Top Spot Off Wonky Weavers
- Wonky Weavers Top After Ringers, Feathers Draw